Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Elisa Eliot's Acting Studio Blog!

Hi there! I am Elisa Eliot, founder and owner of Elisa Eliot's Acting Studio. I am a professional actress and acting coach in Los Angeles with a degree in drama from Yale University. I give private acting lessons, group classes, and industry coaching in the Los Angeles area to beginners, professionals, children, and adults.

Some of the most popular methods I teach are:
Stanislavski · Method Acting · Chekhov · Meissner · Classical Technique · Viewpoints · Stella Adler · Alexander Technique · Brechtian Concepts

Out of this diverse training, I developed the method that I use and teach called Modern Thought®. I believe that no actor can be confined to just one of these older methods in today’s acting world; and that is the core idea of Modern Thought - it blends old methods with the tools needed to succeed in today's Hollywood. These disciplines all work well to capture the essence of a role and bring out powerful emotions but each actor learns and works differently and can benefit from slices of each. My method teaches a blend of all these methods tuned to my student’s specific needs and learning style. I like to help find what makes you unique and to explore which ways of thinking work best for you.

I am starting a blog because I believe a great way to learn about acting and to strengthen one's own acting abilities is to watch and study the performances of others. In each post I will take a look at a performance in a film or television series and discuss it. Also, feel free to post questions and comments! Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. hi Elisa
    You've got Meisner's name wrong on your blog and your site, just thought you'd want to fix it.

    ReplyDelete